Monday, June 11, 2012

A Day in the Life

Well, it's been a fairly standard day in the life of me.
Wake up: Yeah! It's a new day! I'm going to 
  • Finish the laundry
  • Eat healthy and track my calorie consumption
  • Go to the gym
  • Clean the house
  • Be an awesome mommy

Mid-morning: I'm pretty much on track.

  • Last of laundry is in the washer minus the orange juice soaked romper the baby is wearing.
  • I measured my cereal serving but didn't manage to measure the milk.
  • Might still make it to the gym, a mommy friend is visiting and may watch the kids while I go.
  • No cleaning done but at least the house isn't a disaster.
  • My children are alive and not crying so that's good.
Noon-ish: Can't exactly say how much I've accomplished because I'm passed out while baby is napping.

Mid-afternoon: At least some things are getting done.

  • Working on folding laundry.
  • Have eaten well but haven't tracked anything.
  • Maybe I'll go to the gym this evening when the husband is home with the kids.
  • I've washed the dishes (our dishwasher is broken)
  • The baby is napping so I take a break from laundry folding to relax and use the computer. I realize the stuff in the washer needs to go in the dryer. Closing the dryer door startles the dogs, they go nuts barking, the baby wakes up, I run to quiet the dogs, trip up the stairs, get the dogs calmed down, the baby goes back to sleep, I go back to "relaxing." An hour later I realize I never started the dryer.
Evening: I am happy because husband is home.
  • Last of the laundry is drying, clean clothes have been folded, clean linens are in a heap on the floor.
  • We're going to Taco Mac for dinner because the shrimp we were supposed to have is on the Kroger receipt but not anywhere in the house.
  • Forget the gym.
  • The door mat with dog vomit on it has been thrown on the back porch and is getting washed off by the rain so that's kind of like cleaning.
  • My daughter has hit me in the face with a spoon of peanut butter and I excuse myself before doing something I'll regret.
10:30 PM: Contemplating the day.
  • All laundry is washed and folded minus the linens still on the floor. Some laundry is even put away. I will finish it tomorrow.
  • I'm craving a late snack but will resist. Tomorrow I will track my calories.
  • I will go to the gym tomorrow for sure!
  • I'll clean the house tomorrow too!
  • I am an awesome mommy. Especially when the children are sleeping.

3 comments:

  1. So what you're saying is you sit around all day watching TV and eating ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm reading it correctly, Chuck, she clearly is eating bonbons all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, I lounge and eat and sometimes even go to the restroom. Really, I have nothing better to do.

    ReplyDelete