Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day One



I suppose most first posts of blogs begin the same way. The writer stating that this is something she is new to and please forgive any stupidity on her part. That's me. If there's some sort of blog etiquette, I don't know it. I have no idea what's normal, not normal, acceptable, not acceptable. Regardless, this is basically for me to journal and for family and friends who are interested to keep up with my ramblings and the goings on of my little family. So, wooo whoo, welcome to my brain. I'm so glad you're here.


Today marked the Transit of Venus. An event that apparently will not happen again until we're all dead. I did not see it. I'm sure I'll see images on Facebook or somewhere. 


I did see Anne move her thumb on her own for the first time tonight. Friday we go to the hand surgeon for her post-opp appointment to see how her trigger thumb surgery is healing. 


It's been almost two weeks since the procedure and she is still favoring her hand. I am fairly certain this is a mental and not physical manifestation. She is very dramatic about such things and I don't think intentionally so. I'm beginning to believe there is something genetic about this and I'm determined to not treat it as a fault (or at least continually remind myself not to). 


I was told over and over as I grew up that I was very "sensitive," which I've come to realize was a nice way of saying that I was easily upset and not one to disguise it. 


I think Anne is similarly "sensitive" but I don't want her to feel self-conscious and insecure about how she experiences the world. Even if it means tolerating some dramatics here and there. 


We may all be dead by the time Venus makes its next transit. All of us, Chuck, Kadi, Anne, Kit, me, and you. In the whole scheme of things, what's a little sensitivity going to do except make the ride a bit more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment